“Every tooth in a man’s head is more valuable than diamond”. –Miguel de Cervantes
Maintaining good oral health is important for overall health and confidence how to get rid of plaque on teeth. People used to think that as you got older you naturally lost your teeth. We now know that’s not true. By following easy steps for avoiding teeth plaque and gums healthy – plus seeing your dentist regularly — you can have your teeth for a lifetime.
Even if you take great care of your teeth at home, you still have bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria mix with proteins and food byproducts in the mouth to form a sticky film called teeth plaque and when multiple layers of plaque combine with minerals present in your saliva, it hardens into a white, chalky calcified substance called tartar.
Maintaining dental hygiene is a key to preventing plaque on teeth and tartar buildup.
How to remove plaque from teeth;
- Brush your teeth with good tooth-paste at least twice a day. Use a soft, nylon brush with rounded, polished bristles.
- Make sure you brush your tongue as well because it supports the growth of bacteria leading to plaque buildup.
- To remove how to get rid of plaque on teeth, Use dental floss regularly to clean your teeth and gums
- Quit smoking, tobacco products contain tar that sticks to your teeth which result in plaque buildup.
- Rub an orange peel on your teeth before going to bed and do not rinse off. This will help your teeth fight bacteria.
In addition to regular dental hygiene, you can use some natural remedies to remove plaque from teeth and tartar.
It is the well-known and often used tool for removing teeth plaque. Wet your toothbrush, put some baking soda on it and brush. You can mix a pinch of salt into the baking powder for more cleansing power. This removes plaques effectively.
Strawberries & Tomatoes
Rub these fruits directly onto your teeth and let sit for 5 minutes. This will soften any tartar build-up. Then rinse your mouth with baking soda mixed with warm water to remove plaque on teeth, leaving you clean pearly whites.
Slit an aloe Vera leaf and extract the pulp and rub the pulp directly on your teeth and gum line. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Use this remedy twice daily for how to get rid of plaque on teeth.
To remove plaque buildup on teeth, mix 2 teaspoons of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt in ½ cup of warm water and rinse your mouth with this mixture once or twice a day.